I don’t know about you, but I am ready for the spring! As I prepare for the upcoming season, I am already looking for latest hairstyles straight from the runways of Fashion Week and the streets of New York. From embracing my fabulous natural curls to my beloved bohemian braids, the wonderful celebrity hairstylist, Mario Anton, from ViveMejor.com has created a few easy to follow hairstyles and tips that I am ready to try on my own to welcome the much anticipated season.
- After washing your hair, apply a product that will help reduce frizz and avoid tangles like Suave’s Luxe Style Infusion Smoothing Styler® that leaves hair manageable and silky. Then, dry your hair using a blow dryer at medium speed and high temperature with a round brush to create volume.
- Part your hair on your preferred side (left or right), keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be perfect. Have fun with it! Next, gather your hair into a ponytail at the opposite side of your part using an elastic band.
- Split the ponytail into 2 equal sections and use your finger to separate a small section of hair from the outer edge close to the ponytail’s elastic. Take this small section and cross it over to the opposite section (just like you would with a standard braid). Re-grip your hair and tighten the braid while still holding the two sections.
- Repeat with another small section from the opposite side. Then continue to cross the small pieces from both sides of the ponytail until you reach close to 1 ½ inches away from the tips of your hair. Remember to keep the sections you are pulling thin and around the same size, this will give you a more detailed look.
- Once you finish your braid, secure it with another elastic band. Using a curling iron, wrap the tips of your hair to give those ends a bit of personality. Then gently pull your fishtail braid at either sides to loosen.
- Finally gently spray Suave’s Luxe Style Infusion Smoothing Anti-Humidity Hairspray® to seal and hold your braid intact while resisting frizz.
Wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner that cleans and moisturizes, keeping it healthy and shiny, like the shampoo and conditioner from Dove's new line Quench Absolute®. Then apply the Dove Intensive Absolute Restoration Mask Quench® at your roots and rub to revive your gorgeous curls. Dry your hair with the difuser in a downwards direction to avoid frizz.
Use a comb to separate your hair into small sections. Leave a section of loose hair at the base of the neck, here is where you will begin to curl your hair. Then, take a small portion of hair in this section and start curling your hair holding the curling iron vertically and wind the section of hair without using the clasp. Leave the tip off the curling iron, release and pull to smooth the curl. For natural looking curls, I recommend to only curl from the middle to the ends.
Repeat these steps for the other sections of hair until you have finished. To seal your natural and voluminous curls apply Dove Supreme Crème Serum Absolute Quench® on all your hair, this will give you the finishing touch! You are ready for the night!
Romantic Chic Up-Do
After washing your hair, apply a product that will provide volume and hydrate helping you create a silky look like TRESemmé's Max The Volume Lightweight Moisturizing Lotion®. Then using a blow dryer at medium speed and a round brush, begin to dry your hair creating volume needed for your up-do.
Part your hair on your preferred side and takes 3 pieces of hair from the crown and begin to form a traditional braid, taking it to the side of your head. When you finish the braid, secure it with an elastic.
Now you will take the rest of the hair and make a low side ponytail (same side your braid ended) and secure it with an elastic.
Then, using a curling iron begin to curl sections of your ponytail, when releasing the curls, roll them towards the elastic creating a bun of curls and secure them with bobby pins. Once your curl bun is created, take the loose end of the braid and hide it under your curls by securing it with bobby pins.
Finish the up-do with TRESemmé's Keratin Smooth Hairspray® which will help keep your braid and curls intact all night!
*I am an employee of a PR firm and I am using this content as courtesy of one of my clients.